Valley National’s Entry Level Professional (ELP) program is designed to hire a select group of Associates who can be immediately integrated into Valley National’s expanding “one-stop” financial planning business model. Ideal candidates are recent graduates of top university programs, or professionals with one to two years of experience, who are looking to establish a long-term career in the Lehigh Valley area. The ELP program will train, educate, and teach each employee the foundations of financial planning, tax preparation, and investment management in order to give them the skills necessary to serve and grow Valley National’s client base.
- Strong desire to live and work in the Lehigh Valley.
- Degree from a top university, with a major in business, finance, or financial planning is preferred. Recent graduate OR professional with some experience working in financial services.
- Strong interest or internship experience in personal wealth management and financial planning.
- Interested in directly working with clients and comfortable being part of a client servicing organization.
- The ability to multitask and work on numerous projects at the same time. A proven track record of accomplishment is required.
- Excellent technology skills including Microsoft office, with a strong emphasis in Excel. The ability to learn various investment systems/CRM systems is needed.
- Strong desire to earn a professional designation and focus on education during their career. These requirements will need to be balanced with full-time work responsibilities.
- Desire to work for a mid-sized, privately owned company that is in the process of expanding.
- Energetic and eager to learn from a group of expert advisors and tenured staff members.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work and resolve issues independently.
- Clean criminal record and subject to FINRA fingerprinting and registration.
Initial Responsibilities: ELPs will be immediately integrated into Valley National’s business model of providing one-stop financial solutions to its clients. The responsibilities will be broken down into the following key areas:
Education- Financial Services is an increasingly regulated business, therefore all ELPs must pass certain FINRA and securities related exams. Not only are these required, but they will help educate each employee on the foundations of the securities business. Additionally, Valley National will make sure each ELP continues to receive education in tax regulations and preparation, as well as enrolling in the CFP program for financial planning. All education requirements will be fully supported by in house experience to help cultivate a professional learning environment. Valley National demands that all employees maintain a “lifetime of learning” to ensure clients receive the best service and solutions.
Investment Process and Selection- Managing hundreds of million in client assets is complex and requires nonstop investment review, support, and analysis. ELPs will be vital in supporting VN’s investment research initiatives, back office, trading support, and direct client interaction and Advisor support. As VN expands, it will continue to support growing its investment support platform and the ELP will play a vital role in this development.
CRM (Client Relationship Management) and Technology Support- Rapid changes in technology has changed the way Valley National supports its clients. Valley National uses a CRM platform to achieve a more efficient and streamlined approach to client management and business development. The ELPs will be a crucial component in the continuing success of this system and utilizing it to serve the firm’s clients. Working in this system requires direct interaction with veteran Financial Advisor teams and their clients.
Tax Planning and Preparation- Valley National’s tax planning and preparation business is one of its strongest assets. In order to be an effective financial services provider, understanding the client’s tax situation is crucial. ELPs will be trained and immediately assist with Valley National’s tax business, which is busiest Feb-Apr each year.APPLY NOW