This position is responsible for coordinating and managing the activities of the investment team, which oversees the development and implementation of the investment strategies employed in the management of client portfolios. Research and portfolio management responsibilities will span multiple asset classes, including domestic/international equity, fixed income, and alternatives. The Head of Investments will also work closely with the operations team to ensure proper execution of trading activities and will oversee communication of the firm’s investment philosophy and capital market views to clients, prospects, and other stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or other technical degree.
- Professional designation or advanced degree such as CFA, CIMA, MBA, etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in conducting manager research and due diligence across a variety of asset classes and styles.
- Strong knowledge base with portfolio management software applications.
- High proficiency in financial modeling and a firm understanding of modern portfolio theory.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work flows and balance multiple projects at one time while still meeting deadlines.
- Oversee and lead all aspects of investment department activities, and coordinate actions among team personnel to ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks.
- Lead and manage the creation, implementation, and maintenance of tactical, strategic, and security selection models. Present research updates and recommendations to the Investment Committee.
- Lead the due diligence processes for current and prospective investments.
- Coordinate trading activities for stock and mutual fund portfolios.
- Analyze and monitor critical macroeconomic issues for their potential impact on clients’ investment portfolios.
- Participate in the firm’s client communication process (The Weekly Commentary), including written reports covering portfolio performance as well as capital market and macroeconomic analysis.
- Participate in new business development initiatives, including outside portfolio reviews and other client meetings as requested.
- Lead the investment committee and be the firm wide conduit to all the advisory teams and the investment department.
- Provide investment and economic research to the firm and its advisors.
- Liaise with advisory teams to build customized investment strategies, respond to client inquiries, and communicate the firm’s investment philosophy to clients and prospects.