Valley National Financial Advisors is seeking a full-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator who will work directly with the Chief Marketing Officer to coordinate, execute, and monitor marketing and communication efforts. This individual should be an excellent writer and have experience using various social media platforms.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
- An enthusiastic, hungry attitude: Someone who loves communications and is excited to make an impact.
- Tech-savvy: Able to pick up anything online quickly and easily – and keen to try new systems
- Basic Microsoft office (365 preferred): Able to work comfortably in a professional office environment.
- Admin & editing: Proofreading, formatting, and editing – ideally this is a detail orientated person who will catch the little things.
- Email/Mailchimp/CRM: Capable of quickly learning systems.
- Some graphic design: Able to use Publisher/Paint, design simple email templates, create images or GIFs for social, resize imagery, etc.
- Website editing and design: WordPress and HTML knowledge and experience.
- Reporting: Able to put together simple reports on key numbers such as Google Analytics, social media followers, number of proposals and quotes and prospects and clients, etc.
- Manage social media editorial calendar and post valuable, shareable content regularly, ensuring association is positioned as an industry leader online
- Coordinate and execute e-mail campaigns, meeting deadlines, following timelines, and ensuring uniformity of content/messaging.
- Review and ensure quality of marketing distribution lists, create lists as needed
- Writes and edits member newsletters, emails, and other communications as assigned.
- Tracks and reports email analytics
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot problems with the website and respond to user requests and comments
- A Bachelor’s or Associates degree in communications, marketing, or journalism OR 2-3 years of related work experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Microsoft 365 preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once, with a built-in sense for what should be prioritized
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Some knowledge of WordPress, HTML preferred.
- Knowledge or experience working with Email Solution Providers (e.g.,MailChimp)
- Familiarity with customer relationship management systems