Valley National Financial Advisors is seeking a full-time accounting professional to join our team. The Senior Accountant will perform general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Additional responsibilities will include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledgers and performing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant will combine strong analytical skills with a thorough understanding of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The Senior Accountant must be accurate and effective in all accounting tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / REPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare internal financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Monthly close procedures
- Analyze revenue and expenses to ensure that they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Monitor daily cash balances, update and monitor outstanding checks
- Analyze financial statements monthly and report on variances
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- Work with & support the Chief Financial Officer
- Handle all billing and commission functions, including fee-based accounts, broker/dealer activity, insurance contracts, tax services, and other invoice activity. Create enhancements and efficiencies that make billing and commissions easier to manage.
- Utilize accounting software to automate tasks and reporting; implement data collection strategies to optimize efficiencies and data quality.
- Other special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years’ experience as a Senior Accountant
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with Quickbooks and/or Sage Intacct accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- CPA or working towards one is preferred