Skip to Content
News & Insights
Home / 10 Questions to Consider Before Buying a Home
10 Questions to Consider Before Buying a Home
April 27, 2015 | Articles
Thinking about buying a home?
Here are 10 questions Financial Advisor Jaclyn Cornelius, CFP®, EA would ask.
1. Do you know how much house you can afford?
2. Do you have sufficient resources for a down payment?
3. What are your other monthly bills?
4. What amount or real estate taxes can you afford?
5. How long do you plan to stay in the home? How long will it take to recoup your investment?
6. Any other financial goals to incorporate? e.g. College savings
7. What is your credit score?
8. Did you already get pre-approved? If yes, for what amount?
9. Have you thought about how you would pay for your mortgage if you (or your significant other) lost their job?
10. What interest rate have you secured?
From our Video Gallery
Message from the CEO - May 5, 2020
Q1 2020 Market Commentary
Message from the CEO - March 20, 2020
Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
Q4 2019 Market Commentary
Message from the CEO: Our 35th Anniversary
Q3 2019 Market Commentary
Capital Gains/Losses & Dividends
Required Minimum Distributions
2019 Year-End Tax Planning Topics
Tax-Savvy Charitable Giving
Pension Decisions: Lump Sum vs Payment Plan
The Value of a Diverse Portfolio
Executive Compensation Series - Stock Concentration
Executive Compensation Series - Stock Options
Message from the CEO: Financial Times Top 300
Q2 2019 Market Commentary
Executive Compensation Series - Restricted Stock
Executive Compensation Series - Deferred Compensation
Investing: The Value of a Long-Term Approach
Executive Compensation Series - Introduction
VNFA's 10th Anniversary Volunteer Challenge Project
529 Plans: PA State Tax Benefits
Q1 2019 Market Commentary
Message from the CEO - April 2019
Estate Planning Series - Executing the Plan
Estate Planning Series - Understanding Taxes
Estate Planning Series - Considering Heirs
Estate Planning Series - Asset Inventory
Estate Planning Series - Identifying Goals
Estate Planning Series Introduction
2018 Year-End Tax Planning
Q3 2018 Market Commentary
What Is a Trusted Contact Person?
Relationships. Communication. Direction.
Valley National Financial Advisors: Our Story
Moving Forward: Valley National Financial Advisors