Valley National Financial Advisors have in-depth knowledge of the state and federal tax laws in order to implement appropriate strategies for your specific financial situation.
VNFA REMOTE TAX TEAM FAQ
UPDATE (06/08/2020): Our team is accepting paper tax documents. Our physical office locations remain closed, so delivery and pick up are by appointment only.
*Clients working directly with our New Jersey office should call 908-454-1000 for inquiries and mailing/delivery instructions.
- May I use FedEx or UPS to deliver and track my tax documents?
UPDATE (06/08/2020): YES. We were able to resume delivery of FedEx and UPS packages to our office as of June 8, 2020.
- Can I arrange to stop by the office to drop off my tax documents?
UPDATE (06/08/2020): YES, at our Bethlehem office. Contactless drop off and pick up of paper documents is by appointment only. Call 610-868-9000 to arrange a time and learn about our safety protocols. New Jersey does not have these appointments available, but there is a secure drop box on site. Call (908) 454-1000 for more information.
- How will I know VNFA has received my tax documents?
You will receive a confirmation either via e-mail or phone (if we do not have your e-mail on file) from our team upon receipt. Please allow for a few extra days than usual as designated essential staff will be opening and processing mail only periodically at first.
- Should I hold onto my documents until the VNFA offices reopen?
NO. Please do not delay getting us your documentation for tax preparation. We cannot guarantee that our offices will be open to visitors this summer, and we need time to prepare and submit your return(s) prior to the July 15 deadline.
- How long will it take to prepare my return?
Working remotely has been a success for our team, but as you all probably know, working at home presents unique challenges that can slow down the normal speed of some processes. We ask for your continued patience – we will get all of our tax preparation work done and filed by the July 15 deadline.
- What is the status of my tax return?
Our team will continue to work on tax preparation with the new July 15 deadline in mind. If your return is in process and you wish to check the status, complete the form below or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I sign my tax filing forms digitally or must I print them out?
We can accept a digital signature as authorization. Please stamp or type your name onto the PDF and return it to us via your secure eVault Client Portal. If you are unable to submit digitally, you can mail them to our office and we will do our best to process them ASAP. If you need assistance, please contact our team. NOTE: Please only use USPS Mail (FedEx and UPS are not delivering to our offices at this time and packages will be held or returned).
- Can I pay my tax preparation bill online?
Yes! If we have your e-mail address on file, our tax department will automatically send you an invoice via e-mail when your return is processed and sent for your review. That separate e-mail will come from Lorin Ross on our team, and will contain a secure link to your personal invoice for payment. NOTE: For security, the link expires after 24 hours. Please contact us if you need our team to generate an updated link.
STEP#3 – Collecting & Organizing Your Tax Information
Tax Source Document Checklist
ARTICLES: Tax Topics
- IRS Paying Interest on Individual 2019 Refunds
- VNFA Q&A: Schedule K-1 Tax Documents
- About Qualified Opportunity Investments
- Property Acquired by Gift or Through an Estate
- Record Keeping – Personal Residence Tips
- Tax Breaks for Charitable Giving
- Code Sec. 199A – Safe Harbor Rule for Rental Real Estate Businesses
- Roth IRA Conversion Re-characterizations Changed
- “Kiddie Tax”
- Tax Consequences for Self-Employed Individuals
- Tie-Breaking Rules for Qualifying Child of More Than One Person
- TAX TIP: Record Keeping for State Taxes
Our experienced CPAs and tax preparation specialists work closely with your financial advisor to minimize tax exposure as part of your overall financial plan. Having the entire team in-house means there is no need for a third party accountant and your tax planning can be easily integrated into your ongoing financial planning.
Tax law can be very complex and is always changing. Valley National monitors these changes and complexities throughout the year coordinating them with your existing financial plans to reduce your tax liability.