Mike’s mission as an advisor is simple: help people with their financial goals. “When I was very young,” he says. “My parents always said they wanted it to be better for me than it was for them. I want it to be better for my children, and I think other people want that too.”
With 25 years of experience, Mike now leads Zurilla Financial Services (one of the Valley National Group of companies) in Johnstown, PA. As a Certified Public Accountant, Mike typically focuses on tax planning and retirement planning in addition to helping clients with their overall financial plans, including considerations for estate planning and investment advice.
When he is away from the office, Mike is heavily involved in the community, particularly around his children’s activities and sporting events. He is an active member in various booster clubs and a volunteer for the local little league. “My life revolves around my children,” says Mike about his time spent watching their sporting events. Mike and his wife have two sons in high school and a daughter in college at Duquesne University. When he has an extra few minutes, he also enjoys spending time in the great outdoors, gardening and walking.
- BA – Accounting, St. Francis University, Loretto, PA
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Investment Adviser Representative Valley National Advisers, Inc.
Affiliations / Awards
- Member, American Institute of CPAs
- Member, Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs
- Past President, Estate Planning Council of Cambria and Somerset Counties